Saturday, July 16, 2011

How it started...

          As I was growing up i was not the neat and clean little girl my sister was. I did not like white and pink, and dolls and such. My room was not clean, and my clothes never folded. Instead I was always dying flowers, cutting stuff up (which sometimes involved my hair sorry mom), hot glueing, and just generally making a HUGE mess. Now that I am all grown up I can not ever decide on one single crafting hobby, much to the dismay of my husband. I make cakes, scrapbook, create banners, and now I quilt. I like to try and do everything!
        I was doing so well sticking to ONLY doing cakes for a while. That was until we helped my in-laws clean out Grandma Wilsons sewing room! Oh boy my husband probably regrets that, we came home with EVERYTHING I could get my hands on that had to do with Quilting. I am truly disappointed I never got the chance to meet that amazing woman. We also ended up with about 10 quilts she had sewn by hand. And as much as I love the amazing detail in these quilts there is absolutely no way in the world I would have the time or patience to hand quilt. So we sprung for a Singer Simple. Now I know this is not the most amazing sewing machine but my husband has the right to be leery of my newest addiction, so I went for the Simple..... for now!
Sew here is a few pics of my cakes and quilts :)














No comments:

Post a Comment